Monday, December 29, 2008

Homemade Holiday Gifts: Part 3

Here is the last installment of the series of posts about the gifts we made this year.

Baby bibs for one of my younger fans:


We came up with the pattern through some trial and error. Here is a close up of the embroidery:


This is the first official piece of S.Y.F.O.S. merchandise.

I also made a couple more bracelets:


I buy the chains already assembled and add the beads. I also got these cute tins to send them in:


Next we have a hat that mom knit for dad. She used brown yarn for the ribbing and a variegated yarn for the rest:


Mom also made throw pillow covers as a gift. She made piping to match using bias tape and the piping filling cord you can buy at craft stores.


Finally we sent out some of our own canned goods. We dressed them up with nice cloth covers and added legible labels so people would know what they were getting.


That's it for now. Hopefully now that I don't have to be so secretive I can post more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment