Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bag Balm and 100th Post!

This is my 100th post on this blog. Woo hoo! In celebration I may eat some cake. You should too.

In other news: after my recent post on hand balm a wise person sent this along in the mail to me:


Bag balm! Originally for udders but now loved by humans and cows alike, including Shania Twain! (Don't worry I didn't just call her a cow.)

Besides being awesome for my gnarly farmer hands it comes in the most adorable tin:


The best part though is probably the picture of udders on one side:


From what I've read this stuff has a multitude of uses, from soothing a fresh tattoo to diaper rash. I bet it's also amazing for dry feet. You could slather a bunch on before bed and then put socks on and wake up with feet as soft as udders! I may have to do that to someone I know (who has particularly dry feet) while they are sleeping. I'll let you know how that goes.

8 comments:

  1. Feet as soft as udders?

    I'm sold!

    Where does one get this stuff? I've seen it in people's homes but I've never actually tried it. My poor hands may be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I'm not really sure, I've heard some drug stores carry it and you can definitely mail order it. I bet Amazon has it, they have everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not The Person You Mentioned in Your Post With Dry FeetJune 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM

    I know someone who tried it on their rough cracked feet and it seemed to work well! Only side effect they've complained about is finding little puddles of milk in their shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen it at Hancock Fabric store. Weird but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get it at any drugstore, in New England anyways... Nothing better for chapped lips, but the flavor's an acquired taste. (You get used to it, however.) It liquifies almost immediately as soon as you dab it on. Far superior to those crayon-like "Chapstick" type products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm desperately looking for this here in the Philippines!!!

    ReplyDelete