Saturday, July 26, 2008

Our Not So Frugal Day

Today we went to our favorite farmer’s market and bought a bunch of expensive organic produce. So we weren’t so frugal, but it’s very environmental! And we’re supporting local businesses! (That’s how I make myself feel better for spending an hour’s wages on a piece of cheese…a very small piece of cheese.)

We got: fennel, red cipollini onions, rainbow chard, lettuce, yellow squash, zucchini, an eggplant, green peppers and Vermont raw milk sharp cheddar (the only kind of fancy cheese I can get my boyfriend to eat is sharp cheddar so we compromise.)

We also went currant picking but you’ll have to wait till tomorrow to hear about that.

P.S. I also need to make a correction: in an earlier post I stated that we have a half acre lot. I was wrong, we have a quarter acre (I clearly should have checked my sources better, just because they're your parents, doesn't make them reliable sources).

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to make a network, but I did add links to you guys on my page.
    Also, I need fresh coriander, but don't know where to get it. I've never seen it in a supermarket, but then again I don't pay a lot of attention to my surroundings. Help!

    ReplyDelete